Following weight loss, the thigh skin becomes loose and saggy and the only option for improvement is with a surgical thigh lift. Thighplasty is a contouring procedure that reshapes the thighs by removing fat and excess skin.
- Excess skin in the thigh areas will be reduced and reshaped, resulting in a more proportionate and smoother lower extremity contour.
- Can help to reduce rubbing of the thighs and irritation caused by excess tissue.
- Some patients may qualify for a minimal incision medial thigh lift.
- Requires general anesthesia.
- Expect 2 weeks out of work and 6-8 weeks to full recovery.