Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
Facelift, or facial rhytidectomy, is the surgical rejuvenation of the aging face. The strict definition of facelift refers to surgery on the cheek, jaw line, and neck areas. A “full facelift” refers to additionally including eyelid blepharoplasties and brow lifting.
- Patients typically appear at least 10 years younger.
- Will “set the clock back” but doesn’t stop the aging process.
- Newer “deep plane” techniques provide longer lasting and more natural results.
- Scars are very well hidden and usually not noticeable to others.
- May be outpatient or may require overnight stay.
- Expect two weeks out of work for any bruising to resolve.
- Expect full recovery in four weeks.