Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Both men and women want a sleek abdomen, but various factors, especially weight gain, may prevent this. In women, childbearing usually stretches the skin and muscles beyond the point of self-correction. In other words, all the sit-ups or crunches in the world won’t help, and surgery remains the only option. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is the surgical reshaping and toning of the abdomen.
- Helpful after child bearing to flatten the abdomen, remove excess skin and fat, and retighten the abdominal muscle layer which has been stretched with pregnancy.
- The only effective treatment for reshaping the abdomen after massive weight loss (e.g. gastric bypass).
- Currently the only treatment to completely remove lower abdominal stretch marks.
- Scars are usually favorable and hidden in the bikini line and around the umbilicus (belly button).
- Outpatient procedure.
- Expect one week out of work.
- Expect 6-8 weeks to full recovery.