With such wide applicability, it’s understandable why liposuction remains one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the nation. Liposuction, or suction assisted lipectomy, is the surgical removal of fat deposits through small incisions with a suctioning cannula. It can be used on almost any area of the body to contour areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. There are several different types of liposuction including traditional, ultrasonic, micro, laser or “smart”, power assisted, etc. The fact is that there are no scientific studies to prove that one technique is better than the other. The most important factor in getting good results is not the technique, but having the procedure performed by a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. Many non-plastic surgeons including family doctors, dermatologists, ENT’s, and OB/GYN’s try to perform this procedure, but plastic surgeons are the only doctors fully trained to perform it.
- Excellent for contouring fatty areas resistant to diet and exercise.
- Minimal blood loss with newer tumescent or super-wet technique.
- Ultrasonic liposuction helps liquefy the fat for very efficient removal.
- Can address several areas at one time.
- Outpatient procedure.
- Expect several days to one week out of work.
- Expect full recovery in one month.
If you would like to remove fat without performing surgery CoolSculpting could be for you.